1. Running through the sprinklers on a hot day.
2. Knowing that when that last school bell rang in June I had TWO MONTHS of vacation
3. Hanging out with my friends every single day for hours and hours.
4. Spending my pocket money on candy.
5. Getting a nice tan just by being outside all the time (no effort required!)
6. Eating ice cream without thinking about my waistline!
7. Going to the beach with the girls to "NOT LOOK" at the guys!
8. Eating my dad's home-made salads. He'd grill burgers and then make the most amazing potato salad and cole slaw from scratch!
9. Spending weeks at a time in the "country" (aka Syracuse, NY) with my Aunt and cousins. It was the perfect getaway for a city girl like me =)
10. Playing hopscotch and swinging on swings.
11. Not wearing shoes. I loved being barefoot and didn't care about the blisters I always seemed to get on the bottoms of my feet.
12. Going to camp (I went a couple of times to a week-long day camp with my cousin and one month to sleep-away camp with my friend Randi). It was a great experience!
13. Having all the time in the world to do whatever I wanted. Sometimes that meant sleeping late and doing nothing at all. Ah, to be a kid again!
What are your favorite childhood memories from summertime?