This is another fun meme I discovered at 2nd cup of coffee's blog! Here I go!
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Chicken fajitas. I just love the smell of the seasoned chicken, peppers and onions as it comes out on that sizzling cast iron platter. Yum! Fresh tortillas,guacamole, pico de gallo, . . . ooh, I'm thinking I need to have some soon!
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
Don't tell my kids this but . . . I was definitely a procrastinator!
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
For smaller items: Home Goods, Ikea and Target. (sorry I can't pick just one!)
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
Sometimes. I remember loving the fried chicken in elementary school. I don't remember eating in Junior High, and in high school I remember hating cold lunch but eating it because the lines were shorter than for hot lunch and I really enjoyed the junk food.
5. Is religion a crutch?
Ooh, that is one topic I will avoid on my blog.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
Basketball. U Conn Huskies. Rec Leagues, Boys & Girls Club Leagues, Police Athletic Leagues, AAU, Middle School JV & Varsity, High School Freshman, JV & Varsity. Yes, it's all about the hoops!
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
I definitely do NOT know how to change a flat. I knew CPR once upon a time but not sure how well I'd remember it now. So I'd say Heimlich.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Waltzes are beautiful and probably the easiest for me to learn. I'll pick that!
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
I had to tell my children that my mom (their grandma) had unexpectedly died while they were away at summer camp. They were only 8 and 6 years old at the time and took it hard.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. If someone has lied to you once, they will lie again. If a guy cheated on an ex-girlfriend he'll cheat on you too. If someone is honest and "has your back" at least once, you can count on their loyalty.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed.
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain.
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall.
Some are dead and some are living,
In my life I've loved them all. The Beatles