*Today I am participating in Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop by answering the prompt: 3.) A List of ten reasons you do or do not drink coffee.
10 Reasons Why I Drink Coffee (in no particular order!)
1) I enjoy the ritual of my coffee in the morning – make coffee, read the newspaper, and begin my day.
2) I tend to me a little sluggish in the morning and I find that both the strong SMELL of coffee (I like BOLD coffee in the a.m. hours) as well as the CAFFEINE is just what I need to jump start my day! I also tend to be a little grumpy in the morning and you wouldn't like me nearly as much if I didn't have my morning cup!
3) I get migraines sometimes and the caffeine in coffee helps keep them at bay. Hmmm . . . I guess you could say that coffee is good medicine!
4) I’m a gadget girl. I LOVE using my Keurig machine. Of course if I’m going to play around with the thing, it means I’m making coffee and I can’t waste a good cup of coffee . . .
5) On that same note, I LOVE my Tassimo machine too. BEFORE you ask, “aren’t they the same thing?” I’ll answer by saying “no, not really.” The Tassimo is best known for making espresso, lattes and cappuccinos (which the Keurig machine does not) and I can’t get enough of those either!
6) Decaf coffee relaxes me when I’m feeling stressed out! I’m usually good for a cup of decaf at the end of my day.
7) I’m not a big drinker and prefer to sit around with girlfriends sipping coffee in the local coffee shop than putting away a few drinks at the local bar.
8) I love sitting in bookstores and reading and, since there are coffee shops in all of them these days, I can’t help but have a cup whenever I visit.
9) I like all those fun creamer flavors they sell these days and, obviously, I need to add coffee to my creamer (hahaha)
10) My FINAL reason why I drink coffee . . . it just tastes REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD.