This week's writing assignment from Mama's Losin' It was to write a list of 10 things that are sure to put a smile on your face when you are not happy.
1. A hug from my kids (even if one of them is the reason I'm not happy to begin with!) Really, who can resist the power of a hug from one of your babies (yes, my are teen/tween boys but they're still MY BABIES!)
2. Dylan's "faces" -- he just has a way of making me laugh. He can be sooo goofy.
3. Really good chocolate (don't knock it until you've tried it!) A chocolate truffle can do wonders for your disposition!
4. Flowers. C'mon people. Who can be grumpy when you're holding flowers. They just look and smell great!
5. Scrapbooking. It's true! I'm never unhappy when I'm scrapping. I can get lost in my projects and then smile from whatever I've accomplished
6. Sales -- I love retail therapy when I'm down in the dumps and when there's a big SALE, I can't help but turn my frown upside down.
7. "Cawfee Tawk" -- sometimes all I need is to sit down with a good friend over a cup of coffee and chat. I can vent if I need to and always seem to leave with a smile on my face!
8. Vacation -- It doesn't matter how stressed I get. Once vacation starts my smile seems to return effortlessly!
9. Cupcakes -- there I said it. Preferrably from Crumbs Bakery (or its equivalent!) a great cupcake can be magical! Really, can anyone frown while eating one? I don't think so!
10. Chatting with my BFF! Jen can always make me laugh, cheer me up, and de-funk any funk I might get into.
So, what always puts a smile on YOUR face? I'd love to know!